Friday, December 18, 2009

Historical Sites near Chennai -Palar & Voyalur

An Island Temple on dry Palar river bed-Parameshwarimangalam Kailasanatha temple
Closeup view of the Kailasanatha Temple A small Vishnu temple on the banks of the river palar
An open well being inspected
Relics & artefacts preserved on the river bank
The sanctum of Mahavishnu with his consorts Bhoodevi & Dreedevi
Stone idols and artefacts
Temple at voyalur under under administration of the Archaeological Survey of India
Voyalur Temple - dates to Vijayanagara Empire
Sub shrine inside Voyalur Temple above and stone image of Anjaneya below
Niche images around the semi circular sanctum of the Tirupuleeswarar Temple at Voyalur
Sanctum of Muruga with consorts Valli & Devyani - the lord with 6 faces & 12 hands seated on peacock
A stone mandapam with beautifully carved pillars
Close up of the bas reliefs on stone
The Ponniyin Selvam Group
A hand pump above and a group of village children below

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me to your blog. I really liki it. I've read through some of your recent posts and I have to say this is a favorite thus far so this is where I'll leave my first comment. :)You have fantastic photos here and I especially like the photo of the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really "like" it...
    sometimes I type way too fast for my own good...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The semi circular Tirupuleeswarar Temple seems to be pretty old. A beautiful blog too. Thanks for sharing.
    http://paliakara.blogspot.com
    http://mallar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

RAMAL RAMANATHAN'S 95th BIRTHDAY

Wedding Studio Photo Appa's 90th Birthday Ayushhomam at Coimbatore: 2006 Wedding Photo Photos clicked on Birthday at Coimbatore Special ...